Intro

This blog was created shortly after we got married to document the many adventures we would have together. Then we forgot all about it until we were given some news that changed our lives forever. On March 12, 2015 Kayla was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphatic system. Overwhelmed by the love and support we have received since then, we decided to chronicle this adventure for all of you who wish to follow along.

March 24 - Haircut Day

Inspiration Photo
               Here it is, the moment we have all been waiting for. Haircut day! I know that it will be much easier to deal with the eventual hair loss if it is shorter. Nothing looks worse than thinning long hair. At least with short hair it will look thick longer. I had found a hair style on Pinterest months ago that I had loved. Back then I had told myself that I couldn’t cut off my hair, just after I had gotten it long. But now I had nothing to lose.

                After my morning class Briana met up with me for another day of adventures. Fortunately this time would be much less crazy than the last day she spent with me. Today was going to be a girl’s day! Chase had to be in class again, but told me the night before that he wanted me to go have a good time. He insisted that I go to a good salon and get a haircut that I would be really happy with. He was even ok with me going and buying some nice makeup. Since I would be losing my hair he reasoned, it would be a good idea to have something else that made me feel beautiful and happy. I can’t believe how lucky I am to have such a sweet and thoughtful man!

                With the instructions to go out and “treat yo’ self” the girl day began! Briana came with me to the salon. Holly, the stylist was a real professional. I showed her the Pinterest photo and she seemed to catch on immediately what I wanted. In just over an hour I went from long hair to super short. To be honest, I think it turned out pretty well. But I'll let you judge.


After

Before
                 After that the pampering continued with a trip to get our eyebrows waxed. It was the first time for Briana, but she was tough and stayed conscious the entire time! For some reason waxed eyebrows just make me feel all cleaned up. I am always too lazy to maintain mine like I should with tweezers, and getting them waxed makes everything look more polished. Then we went over to a makeup store. Lucky for us there was a lady there to help us find what we needed. Neither Briana nor I had ever bought makeup from anywhere but the grocery store, so we were way out of our depth. It all turned out ok in the end, and after spending more money on makeup then I ever have in my life, we left with our mission a success. 

                That night I decided to shower and put on all the new things I had bought. Styling my hair now took exactly 6 minutes, and that only because I fussed over it, which was really nice. The makeup took longer, but the results were pretty awesome, if I'm allowed to be that vain. I’m not sure if have accepted the fact that I am going to be losing my hair yet, but at least until it happens, I am pretty happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment