Intro

This blog was created shortly after we got married to document the many adventures we would have together. Then we forgot all about it until we were given some news that changed our lives forever. On March 12, 2015 Kayla was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphatic system. Overwhelmed by the love and support we have received since then, we decided to chronicle this adventure for all of you who wish to follow along.

March 22

                Sunday mornings are my favorite because I have plenty of time to get ready. This morning seemed especially important, because I knew it was the last chance I was going to have to really do my hair before the haircut. I've had short hair in the past, and I wasn't too concerned about that. But it had taken me more than a year to grow it out since then. It was finally out of the unfortunate middle stages and could practically be considered long. Hair is a superficial thing, but it still seemed like a large loss. Losing my hair would make me look different. I couldn't pretend nothing was wrong anymore. 



                 While I was spending a nearly sinful amount of time on my hair, my sweet husband was in the kitchen, doing the dishes I had neglected the day before. I truly am so fortunate to have such a wonderful man in my life. He loves me, and is so good to care for me, even in little things like doing my dishes. I don’t know what I would do without him. I just don’t seem to have the words to describe how much I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment