Intro

This blog was created shortly after we got married to document the many adventures we would have together. Then we forgot all about it until we were given some news that changed our lives forever. On March 12, 2015 Kayla was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphatic system. Overwhelmed by the love and support we have received since then, we decided to chronicle this adventure for all of you who wish to follow along.

April 1

               Instead of going to work today I decided to use the time to get my house in order. It is my last free day before I start chemo. I also knew I needed to rest. Two surgeries in a week is a lot for anyone, and I still had chemo to look forward to. Working twice as slowly as I normally do I was able to get some cleaning done around the house.

                I had an appointment with my oncologist to discuss starting treatment and make sure that everything was good to go. It wasn't a long appointment and we got everything scheduled for that Friday. I knew I wanted to do treatments on Fridays because then I would have the whole weekend to be the sick before going back to work and school. I know cancer changes things, but I don’t want to let it disrupt my whole life.

                Some more napping that afternoon was followed by my evening class. I normally wouldn't have bothered, but it was web development and is my favorite class. The longer I am in it the more I realize I want to go in to web development once I graduate. I just need to get some experience first. That will by my plan this summer, to teach myself as much as I can about being a web developer so that when we move to Salt Lake after school I can get a job.

                Retrieval was early the next morning, so we drove back to Salt Lake again. Hopefully this will be the last time. Our families are wonderful and it has been fun to visit with them so often, but the 90 minute drive is getting really old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment